2017 Malden’s Strongest Contest
On July 29th, we will be hosting the Malden’s Strongest contest to benefit the Malden Housing Families charity, at Idle Hands.
It’s like a mini Strongman contest.
Two events, then beer.
Events will be the:
Axle Clean and Press for maximum reps in 60 seconds
Axle Deadlift for maximum reps in 60 seconds
This event will be limited to 40 athletes in two weight classes each:
Women-under 150: 100 axle press/225 deadlift
Men-under 230: 225 axle press/ 365 deadlift
Women-151+: 120 axle press/275 deadlift
Men-231+: 275 axle press/455 deadlift
The entry fee is $40.00 per athlete.
The fee is to cover the cost of t-shirts and trophies, AND the rest will go to the Housing Families, plus any funds we raise the day of the show.
Trophies will be awarded for the top 3 in each class.
This event is to benefit Housing Families, a local charity that assists homeless and transitional families in need.
Please join us and sign up to compete!
Athletes: Please email Murph your weight class and shirt size as soon as you enter.
The 14th Annual Mass State Strongman Championships presented by TPS and Titan Barbell on August 6th 2016 will be a Strongman Corp (formerly NAS) Level 2 sanctioned event and it will be held here at TPS starting at 10:00 am.
Join our Facebook event page for fastest updates on the show.
2016 Strongman Events Classes Rules
- Giant Dumbbell for Reps. Athlete will choose either dumbbell to press for 60 sec. Any number of reps with the heavy dumbbell will beat any number of reps with the lighter dumbbell. If an athlete chooses to press the heavier bell but is unable to get any reps with it they will NOT be allowed to press the light dumbbell, so choose carefully. Wrist wraps, elbow sleeves, knee sleeves, belt, and chalk are allowed.
- 1st Place- 5 reps @210#
- 2nd Place- 3 reps @210#
- 3rd Place-1 rep @210#
- 4th Place- 8 reps @180#
- 5th Place- 6 reps @180#
- 6th Place- 4 reps @180#
- 7th Place- 0 reps
- Deadlift for Reps (from the floor)- Athlete will choose either weight on the deadlift. It will run the same as the Giant Dumbbell. Athlete will have 60 sec. to complete as many reps as possible. Again if the athlete chooses to lift the heavier weight and is unable to do so they will NOT be permitted to try the lighter weight. Athletes will be given UP and DOWN commands, no touch and go reps. We will be testing different bars to be used in the competition, but train for now as if it’s a stiff bar. Wrist straps, elbow sleeves, knee sleeves, belt, and chalk allowed. No deadlift suits or briefs will be allowed.
- Husafell Stone (for max distance)- Athlete will be given 30 seconds to lift the Husafell Stone off of the ground, they will then carry it as far as possible with turns at 50ft. After the initial time frame to pick it up the event will be untimed. When making the turns athlete must have one foot cross the line before they are allowed to continue down the course. Distance will be measured from the part of the stone closest to the line behind them.
- Progressive Farmers Walk (50ft. each way)- Athlete will pick up first farmers walk implement and carry it 50ft. (bringing the whole implement through the line) they will then proceed to the second implement and carry that back 50ft. time will stop when the entire implement crosses the line. No drops will be allowed on the FIRST implement, however MULTIPLE drops will be allowed on the SECOND IMPLEMENT ONLY. Belt, chalk, knee sleeves, and elbow sleeves are allowed. Wrist straps and tacky (I can’t believe I have to write this) will not be allowed. Athlete will have 60 sec. to complete the course, if they drop the first implement or run out of time they will measured for the total distance covered.
- Atlas Stones- Athlete will have 60 sec. to lift all five atlas stones to a platform. Platform height is yet to be determined but will be no less than 48” and no more than 54”. Stones must be lifted from lightest to heaviest. If the athlete is unable to complete all five stones in the allotted time, they will be given credit for the number of stones lifted successfully. Elbow sleeves, Knees Sleeves, Stone Sleeves, Belt, and Tacky allowed.
We’ve secured some great sponsors already including:
George Ferullo CPA
100 Corporate Place
Peabody, Mass. 01960
Join us for a day of fun and strongman all to benefit the Chelsea Soldiers Home.
On October 8th and 9th 2016, TPS is teaming up with RPS as usual to bring you the best in Powerlifting.
We are hosting the 20th annual RPS Power Challenge at the Jackson Street Hall in Malden. This is just a few hundred yards from TPS in the Jackson Street Parking Garage near Malden Station.
We will be switching charities this year as well. Since TPS always wants to support our community, we are donating a portion of the proceeds to the Malden Emergency Center.
The Malden Emergency Center is Metro Boston’s only non-profit, private rescue organization. They respond to multi-alarm incidents in the Boston area with municipal fire and police departments and provide multiple types of emergency services at no cost to the tax payers.
We feel this is a very worthwhile organization to assist and we hope you do too.
Registration for the meet will open soon at http://www.revolutionpowerlifting.com/